Friday, October 23, 2009

My first Quilt show

Today I went with Debra, Rosemary, and Jennie to the Twisted Sisters Quilt show out in Ajax. It was interesting viewing quilts from todays fabrics versus the quilts at the textile museum. The quilts at the museum started all looking the same by the end of the show almost, mostly due to the style in which they were quilted, and the patterns.

These quilts had mixed media including real bird feathers on it which I found interesting. There were also a fair few cat quilts out there. I always seem drawn to the quilts with the most color...but maybe it has to do with the enjoyment of contrasts and subtleness of some of the colors as they blend together. The quilt based on the phoenix was quite impressive up close and real life, rather than viewing it through photos

Now....because I was the younger of the group that went...I of course got teased a bit....but thats ok...cause I usually get teased for being the oldest. Ya win some ya loose some

Needless to say, there was alot of inspiration in that show, and I had loads of fun.

1 comment:

Betweens said...

just remember when you are teased you are liked...LOL
It was a great time and wonderful to meet you and your MIL...It is always interesting to hear the insight of a new quilter..you were lucky to see both sides of the world in quilting, historic and futuristic