Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Recent Knits and spins

Well, you were begging for photos...and here they are....my stripey socks. I still have to tuck all the ends in, but the actuall 'knitting' is done.


Now these mitts were the ones I was supposed to hand to my sister, along with her HP potholders, (which I will post shortly) the swirls on the glovelets were done with a metalic thread/viscose/misc yarn.


For myself I made a really simple baby alpaca hat a la purple (cameras never do it justice)



And last but not least, the wool I picked up for spinning on the TTC knitalong is finished. Still not sure what to make with my handspuns..but Im sure I will think of something. I call it my pumpkin yarn cause it changes from browns and oranges throughout the whole thing and reminds me a bit of Hallowe'en

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Well done! the hat looks familiar......

Lables and hashtags

acrylic along -a -thon alpaca animals announcement Appliqué Applique n' Patch Quilt art art journal auctions Australia autumn awareness baby basics beauty bellydance birthday blackout blog books Bronze Wombat by hand camping Canada carving case cat causes charity Christmas cleanup clothing computers cool cosplay costumes crafts crazy quilt Creativ Festival creepy crochet Curiosity cute dance DIY drawing DS dying Earth Day earth hour easter eco-awareness embroidery enviro-friendly environment errata fabric fall fibre Firefly fireworks flowers food for sale free fun funny furniture games garden gear geek general update gifts glass glitter glow in the dark h hair hallowe'en hand made happy Harry Potter henna herbs holidays home decor homemade hot injuries internet Jayne jewellery k kimono kit kitchen klutz knitting larp leather life thoughts Mars medical mixed media movies music My Little Pony natural news Nintendo olympics painting paints paper piecing Patchwork Sanity pattern performance photos pink plant plants plastic canvas polymer clay preparedness presents public crafting announcment public saftey announcement quilting rant re-cover re-purpose re-upholstry re-use recipe recycle repairs s Science scraps selvedges Serenity sewing sheep shopping silk silly silly hats social sites socks Space sparkle special events spinning spoopy sports spring stash steampunk strange materials summer suprise tail tech difficulties thank you thoughts thrift tools Toronto Tour de Fleece toys trade show troupe TTC tutorial up-cycle updates vacation waste not weather weaving website links why? winter wonky star wool yarn