Sunday, 8 January 2012

Happy New Year!

First of all, I would like to say Happy New Year!

The past few months have been absolutely crazy with all the gifts Ive had to make for family and friends. Only one gift did not get done on time this year, but they forgave me. The downshot is I also forgot to take photos of some of the gifts I made. I do however have photos to share with everyone further in the post below.

I am also trying a new diet. Not really a resolution, but trying something new. I had a LOT of boring sandwiches as a kid (no offence mom), and my hubby doesnt know what is wrong with the good ol sandwich. However I like variety. So Ive decided to try to make Bento. Ambitious? definately! Time consuming? Absolutely. However, it will be well worth it, and a heck of alot healthier than some of the stuff that they sell in the area of my work (ie mostly burger joints). Cant really go wrong with alot of rice and veg with a little bit of protein for lunch. I try to do something a wee bit different every day.

I'm also planning on finishing a pair of socks. I started them last year, but had to put them on hold to make all the holiday gifts that I just didnt have time to finish them. Ive also kicked back into gear with work, looking for work, and doing some of the comissions I had to put on hold....so the year really hasn't started yet and its already busy!

I'm not going to let that slow me down none.

I've also started a Tumblr page for those who want to keep up on what I don't post here, or things that inspire me.

To kick things off in the picture department, I finished the selvedge quilt I started.



I know its not the best photo, but it was the best with the angles I had to work with.

Next up, we have the quilt I made for one of my nephews. I tried to make it all out of flannelette so it would be nice, warm and fuzzy




I next made a wall quilt for a friend of mine who is battling cancer. She loves angels, so I made her one. Its not very big, but it took a fair bit of detail to do the wings and a lot of stitching to do the hair.




I never did get a chance to post this one. I did this one for me. Its about summer, and inspired by campfires, and the Van Halen song Hot summer nights. The stitched sparks glow in the dark. I got the thread from Jenny in one of the care packages she sent us.



We now have a baby bomber hat for my other nephew. I just hope it fits him. I also made a dark green one to match for my brother.



This next gift was for a friend of mine who LOVES pink. She spotted this particular yarn in the shop. It wasn't the easiest to knit with...and I use the term yarn loosely cause it was more like knitting with fishnet pantyhose, but the scarf turned out great and she loved it. For those who knit, it was knit on US7 bamboo needles my friend gave me.



Next up, for every Harry Potter fan, my friend who loves pink has a sister whom I am also friends with. So I made her a Hufflepuff scarf...complete with house badge. This is also the gift that was a bit late.




Next is the scarf I made for my friend Ali, who is also a fellow craftsperson. This scarf was made with mohair yarn.




And finally, the socks Im working on. I did one foot, Im getting really close to finishing foot number 2



I apologise for not posting sooner, but it would have ruined the suprizes for people who recieved gifts. I did make more...some of them are similar to ones Ive already made, like cat or Jayne hats....or I forgot to take photos.

Hopefully 2012 will prove to be another crafty year, and hopefully I will get around to making more tutorials.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Love those quilts.....you are amazing, you know! There's nothing wrong with vegemite, cheese and lettuce in a sandwich.

Themes and Tutorial Lables

acrylic along -a -thon alpaca animals announcement Applique n' Patch Quilt Appliqué auctions Australia autumn awareness baby basics beauty bellydance birthday blackout blog books Bronze Wombat by hand camping Canada carving case cat causes charity Christmas cleanup clothing computers cool cosplay costumes crafts crazy quilt Creativ Festival creepy crochet Curiosity cute dance DIY DS dying Earth Day earth hour easter eco-awareness embroidery enviro-friendly environment errata fabric fall fibre Firefly fireworks flowers food for sale free fun funny furniture games garden gear geek general update gifts glass glitter glow in the dark h hair hallowe'en hand made happy Harry Potter henna herbs holidays home decor homemade hot injuries internet Jayne jewellery k kimono kit kitchen klutz knitting larp leather life thoughts makeup Mars medical mixed media movies music My Little Pony natural news Nintendo olympics painting paints paper piecing Patchwork Sanity pattern performance photos pink plant plants plastic canvas polymer clay preparedness presents public crafting announcment public saftey announcement quilting rant re-cover re-purpose re-upholstry re-use recipe recycle repairs s Science scraps selvedges Serenity sewing sheep shopping silk silly silly hats social sites socks Space sparkle special events spinning spoopy sports spring stash steampunk strange materials summer suprise tail tech difficulties thank you thoughts thrift tools Toronto Tour de Fleece toys trade show troupe TTC tutorial up-cycle updates vacation waste not weather weaving website links why? winter wonky star wool yarn