Thursday, June 07, 2012

Finished Costume

So, I have a final pic of my full costume.  Thankfully another player took the pic and sent them to me!  Thanks Sarah!

In this pic, I made the Obi, (which I need practice tying, and I need to get some starch to make it stiffer somehow), the horns, altered the wig, and, as you already saw in the previous post, the kimono.  It took longer to get dressed, than it took to do my makeup, and I didn't have anyone who was able to help me get dressed. Tying the obi by myself was such a pain!

The hardest part of wearing this much stuff, is that it's really hot.  Especially when it starts hitting 28 degrees (celcius) in the middle of May, which is really unusual for that time of year.


For those who are curious about the green fuzz at the bottom of the kimono, my character is a Faun/Satyr, so she has fuzzy legs.

For those who are kimono/Maiko/Geisha enthusiasts, yes I know I made some mistakes.  Yes it is just a costume.  Ive already had someone try to give me flack on tumblr, but Im not about to go out and buy an expensive kimono just for it to get trashed in the woods while LARPing.  The character is also very loosely based on a combo of cultural references around Geisha/Companion (firefly)/Courtesans.  Each time I make another rendition of this character's costume, the better it will get.  ...again, its just a costume.









These pics were taken at game.  There was one of the ties sticking out that I didnt know about (oops), I'm sure I will get better at tying the obi as I go along.

No comments:

Lables and hashtags

acrylic along -a -thon alpaca animals announcement Appliqué Applique n' Patch Quilt art art journal auctions Australia autumn awareness baby basics beauty bellydance birthday blackout blog books Bronze Wombat by hand camping Canada carving case cat causes charity Christmas cleanup clothing computers cool cosplay costumes crafts crazy quilt Creativ Festival creepy crochet Curiosity cute dance DIY drawing DS dying Earth Day earth hour easter eco-awareness embroidery enviro-friendly environment errata fabric fall fibre Firefly fireworks flowers food for sale free fun funny furniture games garden gear geek general update gifts glass glitter glow in the dark h hair hallowe'en hand made happy Harry Potter henna herbs holidays home decor homemade hot injuries internet Jayne jewellery k kimono kit kitchen klutz knitting larp leather life thoughts Mars medical mixed media movies music My Little Pony natural news Nintendo olympics painting paints paper piecing Patchwork Sanity pattern performance photos pink plant plants plastic canvas polymer clay preparedness presents public crafting announcment public saftey announcement quilting rant re-cover re-purpose re-upholstry re-use recipe recycle repairs s Science scraps selvedges Serenity sewing sheep shopping silk silly silly hats social sites socks Space sparkle special events spinning spoopy sports spring stash steampunk strange materials summer suprise tail tech difficulties thank you thoughts thrift tools Toronto Tour de Fleece toys trade show troupe TTC tutorial up-cycle updates vacation waste not weather weaving website links why? winter wonky star wool yarn