Saturday, July 20, 2013

Updates

I realize it's been a long while since I've updated. I recently updated Windows, so I have to install a bunch of my games back onto my computer.   Ive also been working full time so having a chance to craft has been spotty. However, that doesn't suggest I havent been.

 One of the more recent projects I was working on with my roommate, is little pillowcase dresses for a donation to kids in africa.

The pattern for the dress is located on the pdf below:
 http://www.nancysnotions.com/text/pdf/LittleDressesforAfrica_pattern.pdf

This pattern makes a cute dress, and can be made in multiple sizes. Once we get a few finished, I will take photos.  A few of them are close to being done, but we need to have another SnB night where we can get them finished

As for the other projects I've been working on, the first one is a semi-update of the temperature scarf taken back in april (I think).  I still have to sit down and catch up on it since I haven't been keeping up with my rows. I still have half of june to catch up on.





Next we have a pair of socks Ive been working on.  The toes are by Online sock yarns, the rest is Pattons Kroy (discontinued) sock yarns.  I realized after I made a pair for a friend that the yarn is just a bit bigger than the online, so it threw my guage off for my own socks.  I found it fit ok for my ankle, but not so much around the foot, so I decreased by 10 stitches and it fits much better.  This is my own pattern. I might post it up one day but the core pattern is for my size foot (ladies 9.5-10).




Next up, I've been getting into a bit of crochet lately.  The little vest I made is for a LARP in-game animal that has become my main characters' pet.  It was also made to make him look fancy for Fairie Fest, which our LARP, Epoch Toronto was doing some modules for the kids and adults who were interested. The creature is called a Psychotopus.  It causes psycics some havoc because this little guy would normally eat psycic energy.  However, this one that has become my characters pet has been 'fixed'. For those who are wondering, yes it is a TY beanie baby....a big one too.







The next project is a Kodama.  It's a tree spirit from the movie Princess Mononoke.  This one however glows in the dark, and has a built in rattle.  It was made as a comission with the very last of my glow in the dark yarn I had left.  The owner of this little guy is very happy with how it turned out.




Lastly, we have a hex-a-cloth.  One of my former coworkers was looking into making a blanket that was farily simple.  She chose this pattern, which I found on Ravelry. It's not very difficult. I gave this patch to her to add to her blanket.




That's all I have for now.  Hopefully I will be able to finish a few more projects once it gets a bit cooler, along with the possibility of doing a video.


1 comment:

jamielynk said...

That hex pattern is my favorite! It makes a great face cloth :)

Lables and hashtags

acrylic along -a -thon alpaca animals announcement Appliqué Applique n' Patch Quilt art art journal auctions Australia autumn awareness baby basics beauty bellydance birthday blackout blog books Bronze Wombat by hand camping Canada carving case cat causes charity Christmas cleanup clothing computers cool cosplay costumes crafts crazy quilt Creativ Festival creepy crochet Curiosity cute dance DIY drawing DS dying Earth Day earth hour easter eco-awareness embroidery enviro-friendly environment errata fabric fall fibre Firefly fireworks flowers food for sale free fun funny furniture games garden gear geek general update gifts glass glitter glow in the dark h hair hallowe'en hand made happy Harry Potter henna herbs holidays home decor homemade hot injuries internet Jayne jewellery k kimono kit kitchen klutz knitting larp leather life thoughts Mars medical mixed media movies music My Little Pony natural news Nintendo olympics painting paints paper piecing Patchwork Sanity pattern performance photos pink plant plants plastic canvas polymer clay preparedness presents public crafting announcment public saftey announcement quilting rant re-cover re-purpose re-upholstry re-use recipe recycle repairs s Science scraps selvedges Serenity sewing sheep shopping silk silly silly hats social sites socks Space sparkle special events spinning spoopy sports spring stash steampunk strange materials summer suprise tail tech difficulties thank you thoughts thrift tools Toronto Tour de Fleece toys trade show troupe TTC tutorial up-cycle updates vacation waste not weather weaving website links why? winter wonky star wool yarn