Sunday, May 04, 2014

Granny Square Jacket














I've been working on this jacket for a while.  All the little squares took quite a bit of time.  In this jacket there is several yarns that I hand spun, or hand dyed (food coloring).  Most of it is wool, and I decided to felt it a tidbit so that it shrank a little.  Before the felting it was a bit too long. I do plan on adding a belt to it for shape and better fit. I might even take it for a test run today for a walk since it is on the cooler side today.  I've had some friends comment that this reminded them of coats their mum used to make them when they were kids.

The original plan is to use this for LARP so that I have something like a house coat to put on when the rest of my gear gets soaked and I need to get dry and warm in a hurry.  I'm not planning on using this outside of the building I sleep in.  There's lots of burrs out there at our game site, and I don't want this getting coated in them.

I usually knit more so than crochet, so this was a big accomplishment for me.

2 comments:

Rose Marie said...

Your coat is absolutely amazing! It reminds me of the 60's.

Kiera-Oona said...

That was the whole idea :)